Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Pumpkin pie latte...

...with FRESH pumpkin puree!  Beat that Starbucks! This is why it's nice to have some fresh pumpkin puree laying around...

This recipe is made with you caregivers in mind.  A good steamy cup of java to get you going so you can take care of those kiddos.  Why not spend a little extra time on you today, you deserve it?

I just put a few tablespoons of pumpkin puree into a small pot and heated it with a little pumpkin seed milk (use milk or substitute of your choice) to thin it slightly and then added:
  • a good amount of pumpkin pie spice
  • coconut sugar which tastes like brown sugar
  • some xylitol to taste
  • vanilla  
Blend with your cup of coffee (I used the magic bullet) and top with foamy "milk" of choice and a dash of pumpkin pie spice.

Not only is this tasty, preservative-free and sugar-free, but it offers a shot of real vitamin A, great for flu season!  Oh, and one bonus is that it doesn't cost $4.


Now, if you are a camel milk drinker (or even, if you are not), I MUST show you how fabulously it froths for a latte!!






Here you have the camel milk poured before frothing.  As you can see, it doesn't require much.























Check out that foam!!






















And there you have it!!  HUGE frothy latte milk in seconds.

2 comments:

Anne said...

Ohmymymy, first I took your advice and made pumpkin puree - I'll never make it any other way! It's perfect, and it's the epitome of autumn luxury to have the house smelling like baked pumpkin...slash that, your coffee recipe has to be EVEN better. I'm trying this. Can't wait. :-)

Jessica said...

Isn't it just fabulous that pumpkin, being a veggie, is a luxury worth indulging in? I love that it is so versatile that it can enhance baked goods, drinks and entrees with taste AND nutrition!! I am planning a soup today after I pick my little one up from preschool. ;P