Wednesday, March 10, 2010

How do I cope?

Do I wish I could be somewhere else, doing something different or even that my kid's health situations were different?  I have to admit that I have occasional moments of "wishing", but I am a firm believer in living in the here and now.  Wishing your life was different only creates unhappiness for today.  I believe in putting my energy into making today worth living in.  It's not that I don't dream, I do.  I dream about the future in reality.  Dreaming is constructive, it provides goals and events to look forward to, but envy and wishing life could be different is negative energy.

I do not focus on the things I cannot control.  Nope, I can't be on an exotic island on vacation right now, I can't change that, but I can dream about how the things I can control today will make that possible in the future.  Today, I am mommy first.  When my kids are healthy, these dreams will become a reality and our kids will be a part of it all.  So for now, I am happy focusing on the little things that make us happy day to day.  These accomplishments will turn into those big dreams.  One day at a time...

So many people take their health for granted.  They don't even know how life would be without their health.  If you happen to be one of those lucky souls, take a moment to be grateful and enjoy every moment you have your health.

No comments: